Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, found out what the vib was comming from, I replaced the d/s wheel hub and both side sway links (front). Noise is gone and handling is MUCH stiffer. Replacing the p/s next week and while I was under the car, I noticed the oil pan is seeping around the gasket as is the tranny. I've got the new gasket for the pan in and went to replace it and what I thought was a half hour job turned into a real headscratcher... I've gotta remove the y-pipe AND starter to get to this?! Tranny gasket is commin in next week along w the filter... I've got royal purple 10w-30 runnin in her right now and then I'm upgrading to their tranny fluid as well as brake fluid... Next thing, as I've said before, the ppl before me upgraded the rear drums to discs and I'm not totally sure they installed the proportioning valves for the swap... when I had her inspected, the f/l was 310 f/r was 360 and both rear was 180... sound right? Anyway, back to problems I've noticed, the rear sway links to to be replaced and then I'm doin struts and motor mounts and tranny mount... the CPR is bad and so is all o2 sensors (how many... 4? or 3?)... R/R door glass is gettin installed HOPEFULLY next week (kid smashed my window while I was at a friends and it's costin me $250 AFTER insurance to fix it)... Bought her for $500 and I've already put at LEAST twice that in her.... she gonna be smoooooooooth when I'm done... Oh, one more thing... I know there's probably hundreds of posts out there about this lil problem, and I hate to beat a dead horse, but the heater blower motor works on all levels as does the heat (incrediblly nice and toasty) but I think my blender is shot because all it works on is DEF and I'd like to keep my feet and hands warm too in this German winter... any ideas?

-Dusty :ford: :salute:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
AFAIK there is no difference in the proportioning for rear drums or discs. There is a load sensing proportioning valve on the rear drivers side just behind the inner wheel arch. Sometimes the little lever connecting the valve to the lower control arm will seize up and fail. There are 4 O2 sensors, 2 upstream and 2 downstream for each cylinder bank. Heater problem sounds like a blend door problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts