Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find my old post in the first few pages of this topic, so I'm starting a new one... :)

anyways, after 2 weeks of driving it around and having a heck of a time w/his insurance company, i finally got a rental car and got my ride into the shop last thursday.

well, i called today, and low and behold, there's more damage to the car than the guy thought. well duh, i say the car shakes above 50mph and you say it's only simple body damage? yeah, that's it... :rolleyes:

so imma stop in there after i get out of class today (3:15est) and check up on my baby. now that we're talkin $3k just for body repairs, plus whatever else could be damaged, i want to know how close i am to the "totaled" marker, or how much i'm going to have to raise my depreciation value claim estimate.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, so i stopped in there on my break for lunch and they let me look at it. wow did it do more. i don't know all my parts, but they said part of the frame rail (right above the fenderwell and behind the headlight area) was collapsed bad, and most of the area around it is needing to be replaced. also, the wheel got pushed back .5" (you can tell by the wear pattern on the tire as well that it was messed up) which damaged the control arm, which makes sense as to why it was vibrating.

so now it's projected to be finished by the end of the week, and hoepfully i'll get these pics developed that i took (stupid disposable camera while digicam is broken). *cry* i miss her..the '05 impala rental just doesn't have the spunk my vulcan has :)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Bummer:( Well, at least it will all be fixed. Dad made me drive his rental 05 impala...GM has some work to do. You have that problem with the gas pedal, sending the car into rocket launch mode? lol

B

·
0 Posts
Insurance companies vary, but usually once you hit 2/3rds of the retail value of the car in repairs they'll total it.

I'd say let the body shop worry about it, and as Ashley mentioned, there's most likely suspension damage as well. make sure they check everything, and don't sign off on the car until you'e driven it.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh definately, no signing off until i drive it. actually, after i drive it, i still won't sign off until i start the depreciation value claim.

i'm not too worried about the body shop trying to miss things that were busted...i'm worried that the insurance company will try to say it was already broken and not repair it. my mom (911 dispatcher who'd always call them to take care of stuff for accidents, etc) has known the guys for a few years, and she loves them.

oh, only 2/3's retail value? well then it's gotta be gettin close to the totaled mark, imho.

nick, i agree, they've def got some work to do. the car is EXACTLY the same in the interior and the feel as my friend's '01.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking how it sucks that my bull's been gone for so long, and hopefully it will return on tuesday, but i just thought of (and not sure why this didn't hit me before) the fact that now that i get a new hood and front bumper, all those areas chipped away from previous drivers (fleet vehicle) following too close will be gone! ooooh i'm happy! plus my order for meg's will be here soon, so i'll get to do a nice clay and wax job on my baby :D weeeeeee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts