Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '95 gl has 110,000 and i just changed the oil and filter and the air filter. What else should be done around this time or what should be done in the relative future? I think the trans was recently flushed when my speedo gear stripped so thats done too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Make sure you maintain your radiator with a flush and new coolant. Also I personally grease my tie rod ends every oil change. Overkill, perhaps, but they'll not go bad because they weren't greased :)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by LoadedLX@Jul 29 2004, 02:07 PM
Make sure you maintain your radiator with a flush and new coolant. Also I personally grease my tie rod ends every oil change. Overkill, perhaps, but they'll not go bad because they weren't greased :)
:withstupid: Also you might want to replace your fuel filter if that hasn't been done in a while.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how abouts plugs, cap and rotor, and all that bit. is it just a waste at this point or it now a good time? thanks for all yall help

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
If you haven't replaced them in a while they i'd say yes. Sorry i spaced and forgot them since the Gen3 (what i have) doesn't have a cap and rotor to replace. I don't know if the Gen2's came with platinum plugs or not but the gen3 had platinum motorcraft plugs stock and i replaced mine at around 63K and was amazed how nasty they had gotten. Good thing i didn't wait any longer to replace them. Personally i would suggest a copper core plug since copper is a better conductor then platinum. The only benefit of platinum is that platinum plugs can go longer before needing to be changed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
All due to age more than mileage

I would visually inspect teh sway bar links, easy to do. I would check the struts. If you are getting odd waer on your tires I would check alignmnet but assuem it is one of the tie rods

·
Registered
341 Posts
I replaced my plugs recently at 101k and they were focked. Burnt, a gap of like seven feet, corroded...definitely check plugs and wires.

I don't know if the Gen II's have a coil pack or a distributor...but if its got a strib, check the cap and button for any wear. Be careful though...i took a cap/button off my 91 Honda Accord and a spring that was broken fell out and the damn car wouldn't start.

As said above, check suspension concerns such as sway bars and shocks/struts.

good luck. remember the best kind of maintenance is preventive maintenance.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by LoadedLX@Jul 30 2004, 04:08 PM
remember the best kind of maintenance is preventive maintenance.
:withstupid: So very true.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don’t' overlook the most important piece of the puzzle unless you had it done recently. The transmission fluid needs to be flushed and replaced every 30k.

93Blue

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you all for your insight, now all I have to do is wait to for is the $ :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by thebigtufguy@Aug 8 2004, 07:58 AM
thank you all for your insight, now all I have to do is wait to for is the $ :biggrin:
Yup that usually is one of the biggest factor it seems, the $ that is :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts