Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I know how my A/C <censored> works, thanks. That wasn't my <censored> point.

Here, let me spell it out for you: If my A/C is not turned on, then why is my compressor cycling? See? It's cycling because even though I didn't press the "on" button, or turn the dial to "A/C" or "Max A/C" (the more efficient setting), my compressor is cycling because my air selector (or what ever you want to call it) is set on DEFROST or FLOOR/DEFROST (MIX). Cars have been doing this since 1990. It's automatic.

Now, answer me this: If you've been working on cars for 50 years as you claim, then how the <censored> can you not know about something that has been a feature in cars for 30 years?
I know how my A/C <censored> works, thanks. That wasn't my <censored> point.

Here, let me spell it out for you: If my A/C is not turned on, then why is my compressor cycling? See? It's cycling because even though I didn't press the "on" button, or turn the dial to "A/C" or "Max A/C" (the more efficient setting), my compressor is cycling because my air selector (or what ever you want to call it) is set on DEFROST or FLOOR/DEFROST (MIX). Cars have been doing this since 1990. It's automatic.

Now, answer me this: If you've been working on cars for 50 years as you claim, then how the <censored> can you not know about something that has been a feature in cars for 30 years?
DUH! wrong it's been a feature since the 1970's it mixes heat with cold A/C air to unfrost the windshield. however my qestion to you is WHY did you bring your topic in to my posting..mine is an unstable idle.......

·
Registered
213 Posts
DUH! wrong it's been a feature since the 1970's it mixes heat with cold A/C air to unfrost the windshield. however my qestion to you is WHY did you bring your topic in to my posting..mine is an unstable idle.......
If you can't figure out why I brought it up, then my advice to you is simple: take your car back to your Ford dealer. They know your Ford best, and they WILL be able to figure it out. My guess is they told you the same thing I'm trying to tell you, and you threw a <censored> fit, because "my a/c is not on, it's winter".

Did you not see in one of my early posts "my wife's 1990 Taurus had the same problem when the A/C was running, AND when the air director was on floor/defrost or defrost"? Did you not see in that same post that we discovered what the problem was by pulling the A/C fuse?

I'm done. Take the car back to the dealer where it belongs, and don't try to tell them that you know better. I have confidence that they will figure out what the problem is, and they'll get it fixed for you.

·
Administrator
15,109 Posts
what is the difference between makers there still OEM parts

The difference in this case is a long and sad history of aftermarket and/or supposed OEM IAC fails.

On another note, a little civility goes a long way folks. Please keep it respectful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check your PCV. Replaced mine two months ago and it went away.

for the past year i have been dealing with this problem. when at a stop lite the engine idle will go up and down. I have had it in the dealership they can't figure it out. I've done a full tune up. I've checked for vacuum leaks Their are none. I also have replaced the IAC and MAF sensor as well as the throttle body and still the same problems does anybody have any ideas

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Agree to look at pcv, also check that the hose to the pcv is not collapsed or soft from breaking down from age.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Similar problem in different post, Check the flat ground strap that attaches to the firewall above the ECM.
Clean it up good and reattach the screw. Bad ground can cause lots of problems including idle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
for the past year i have been dealing with this problem. when at a stop lite the engine idle will go up and down. I have had it in the dealership they can't figure it out. I've done a full tune up. I've checked for vacuum leaks Their are none. I also have replaced the IAC and MAF sensor as well as the throttle body and still the same problems does anybody have any ideas
Nobody seems to have mentioned the possibility of a bad throttle positioning sensor. Have you checked it?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts