Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Taurus 3.0 DOHC with an AX4N Transmission. What is the white device to the left of the Range Sensor?
Transmission.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! You saved me going crazier than I already am. I was worried about the fact that it wobbled ever so slightly, but your description of it being a type of header eases my concerns. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Is that a sign of trouble?
View attachment 218571
Not really. Lot of pressure behind that connector. I'm sure when the plastic expands around the pins from heat, it lets a bit of fluid past. Doubtful there's any way to resolve it that anyone would consider reasonable. If you aren't experiencing problems, I definitely wouldn't worry about it. Now if it was completely full of ATF and spilling out? Yeah, that's a problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fortunately mine doesn't have any ATF in that area. It just has a VERY slight wobble. I hope my Taurus didn't hear me say that

·
Super Moderator
8,667 Posts
^^^^ Agree, but be sure to use an oil resistant RTV like Permatex Ultra Black or Permatex The Right Stuff.

Reactions: james27613

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
My take on oil in elect connections. Oil is insulator. I would venture, if you put oil in the wells around the spark plugs of OHC engine, it would actually be a positive for insulation. My '01 DOHC had oil in the plug wells. I replaced the plugs and swabbed out most of it. Years later no issues. And that is high volts. Low volts in a plug means nothing. Just my op. If it drips on the ground, more than DOHC pan gaskets, then might need to be stopped.
-chart-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts