Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around behind the trunk liner on the right side about where the fuel pump shut off is, and I found a bunch of wires spliced and clipped, it's just a jumbled mess. What's the deal with it, and does anyone else have something like it? I believe it's part of wiring for the brake light but i'm not sure

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no hitch that i know of but i'll check again, fairly sure i don't though.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Can you take a larger clearer pic so I can identify some colors in it?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
I'd say at one time there was a hitch on the car and that's what's left to the trailer pigtail. I had someone leave a similar mess in my old tempo. I found it when I started to try and the reason my fuse kept blowing fot the park lights.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I'd say at one time there was a hitch on the car and that's what's left to the trailer pigtail. I had someone leave a similar mess in my old tempo. I found it when I started to try and the reason my fuse kept blowing fot the park lights.
[/b]
:werd:
That's my guess as well. Someone else did a piss-poor job to begin with (using scotch-blocks?? puh-leeeze) and that's what they left behind for you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres a bigger and clearer picture but i can only do so much with a camera phone, and i looked under the car and theres no trace of a hitch at all. And speaking of parking lights, on alternating corners my parking lights are out [rr and lf]

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, i'm gonna make sure they get capped off or taped or something. There is a little bit of exposed wire in the mess, but not too horrifying.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Looks like hitch wiring to me as well. Theres probably a splice on the other side as well for the other turn signal.

The burnt out side signals should just be dead bulbs, they are all on the same fuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts