Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While giving my wife's Sable a once over to check under the hood I ran across this wire in the back. Reminds me of a oil sender connector one would find on a 60's Ford. However I doubt that is what this is and can't really see where it goes behind cylinders 1-3. Anybody have the same wire or is this just an extra wire in the harness that isn't in use?

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's not the best pic, but it looks like it was attached to something before. I don't know what it's for, but it could be a ground wire.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I know it was attached to something once but what is the question. Never noticed it before and hard to see the engine in that location. That connector goes over a threaded terminal as one would find on an older Ford coil or some old Ford oil senders. Of course this car has neither of those two items. Has two small wires inside and the car has not seemed to notice it is not connected.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Looks like the ground wire that goes to the water pump on a Vulcan, IMO.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be a ground "strap" that attaches to the water pump and then the firewall. This is at the other end of the engine from the water pump. I see this has Taurus/Sable people stumped...

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
That would be a ground "strap" that attaches to the water pump and then the firewall. This is at the other end of the engine from the water pump. I see this has Taurus/Sable people stumped...
On my Daughter's '02 it is a "wire" not a "strap", I do know one from the other. Is that a sleeve over a smaller wire? it kinda looks like it in the pic. If I get a chance to look at her car & get some ideas today I'll post later.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that is a protective sleeve over the two little wires inside.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I just went out and checked my 05 Vulcan. Nothing resembling it. I recently removed upper intake and don't remember disconnecting a cable like that.

From the shape of the connector, it's not a signal wire. It's gotta be power, either +12V or ground. Just to make sure it's not +12V, check voltage. Both with engine on and off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts