Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 Taurus 3.0 Vulcan
I was wondering if anyone knows what this wire is for? I just got this car and it is running alittle rough and idk where this wire plugs up at? If anywhere! Its right by the ignition coil on top and it is a wire that shares the same wiring harness as the front fuel injectors. Its a single red wire that is hot ( i tried to ground it and it sparks) and i cant find anywhere to plug it up. It looks like it's a male connection and i can't find the female connection for it. Any help would be great!! Thank you

And is the PCV valve on this car electronic? I think this is the PCV valve and there is a wire connection plugged into it and i was wondering if this is a PCV valve anyway. Im new to this car and don't know much about them. Ive never heard of an electronic PCV valve and with 93000 miles on it and running rough at highway speeds do you think it would be worth changing? I know PCV valves are cheap but this one idk!!

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
This is what my 05 Flex Fuel looks like. It is connected to the black thing that sits on the fuel rail. I have no idea what it is. Fuel temperature sensor?
The other is PCV. Strange mine is heated type and yours isn't for the same year! Heated type is more expensive to replace....grumble...grumble.. Before replacing parts, check for codes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
Would it be some kind of fuel temperature sensor or the flex fuel sensor? I can't quite read the part number in parker's picture.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you guys are greay thank you. My PCV does have a wire connection coming out of it so would that be heated type and maybe you just couldn't see the wire connection on the back of it or is there a heated type that looks different with also a connection on it? I just thought maybe it would be worth if it was cheap to go ahead and replace and my codes say lean mixture on both banks. Im going to clean MASS AIR sensor and do a tune up on it. Plugs and clean throttle body and replace air and fuel filter!!

·
Registered
23,353 Posts
Might check the o-ring gasket on what ford calls the intake manifold air valve assy. (black plastic thingy between the rear pass. side of the manifold and the firewall. With eng. idling, spray some throttle body/air intake cleaner around the seal and see if idle changes. If not that, check pcv hose, all vacuum hoses/lines and upper/lower intake manifold gaskets. Im guessing vacuum leak(s) are causing your po171-174 lean codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts