Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Tcca fans,

I have no idea what this port is or does. After a poor inspection with just being able to stick my finger on the open bottom side hole, I felt neither POS or neg vacuum while idling because it is plugged what feels like old cork and is degrading from the inside. I'm worried of inside plug material will eventually get sucked in. My Haynes manual doesn't list this (that I've read) and a mechanic thinks the UIM may be from another car. I have several pictures.

Note:
It's the black cylinder shape in view
Please rotate pics my browser or his forum rotates after upload.
I don't have a pic editor yet

Unofficial specs:

2" in length
3/8 to 1/2" open ended port
Located on bottom side UIM, right side (passenger), near the egr solenoid.

Any info including sarcasm is welcome ��
Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Hello Tcca fans,

I have no idea what this port is or does. After a poor inspection with just being able to stick my finger on the open bottom side hole, I felt neither POS or neg vacuum while idling because it is plugged what feels like old cork and is degrading from the inside. I'm worried of inside plug material will eventually get sucked in. My Haynes manual doesn't list this (that I've read) and a mechanic thinks the UIM may be from another car. I have several pictures.

Note:
It's the black cylinder shape in view
Please rotate pics my browser or his forum rotates after upload.
I don't have a pic editor yet

Unofficial specs:

2" in length
3/8 to 1/2" open ended port
Located on bottom side UIM, right side (passenger), near the egr solenoid.

Any info including sarcasm is welcome ��
Thanks!!
On mine, that projection is not open, just part of the plastic forming. No cover needed. It is not open. If it has a rubber cap, someone has added that and it should not be needed.

-chart-

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On mine, that projection is not open, just part of the plastic forming. No cover needed. It is not open. If it has a rubber cap, someone has added that and it should not be needed.

-chart-

thanks chart. earlier today I noticed that there's actually 2 that are on opposite sides. I rechecked the first one and it's not plugged or capped also not smooth on inside hole.
/FONT]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
dannyyakk
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing