Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SE 3.0l v6 ohv. The ac didn't work so I have to roll the windows down. Yesterday I go to roll the windows down, but they won't go down. So I pop the hood and disconnect the positive battery cable and look at the fuses under the hood. Most of the mini fuses there I am able to pull out, inspect, and reseat. I inspect each one i pull out and they all look fine. After reconnecting the positive battery cable and start the car they roll down no problem. What would cause this issue?

Today I get a test light and run through all of the fuses and they ask test fine except for one which is the 5a fuse in the middle of 3. So while I have it out I test the place where it plugs in at and it's not getting power. I have looked at several diagrams and can't find what it goes to except maybe the RCU and power antenna, but the car doesn't have a power antenna. What does that fuse go to?

I also don't know if the engine cooling fan is coming on properly. I know it is not locked up because I can move it freely and I have had it hooked up to a diagnostics machine and they were able to turn both the engine and ac fans on. But I think that it might not be coming on properly because when I'm sitting at a red light or waiting for someone in a parking lot with the car running I've noticed that the temperature gauge shows that it is running hotter (not running hot) than it does when in going down the road.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1998 Ford Taurus SE
20 Posts
Sometimes, just a simple reboot is enough to get things working like normal, or it could have been that when you pulled the fuse and replaced it, that it was just enough friction to clean the terminal connection. Either way, if it works now, don't worry about it unless it happens again.
On the cooling, the gauge may look higher than you like, but maybe not high enough to activate the auto fan. If worried about the fan, find someone who can test the thermostatic switch for you.

·
Registered
6,916 Posts
You may have a broken window power wire in the door accordion boot. When you open the door it flexes the wire and changes it continuity.

Fans should run while the AC is turned on to keep air flowing through the condenser.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You might have an exposed wire somewhere causing a short. It wouldn't hurt to check the chassis grounds under the hood to be safe.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SE 3.0l v6 ohv. The ac didn't work so I have to roll the windows down. Yesterday I go to roll the windows down, but they won't go down. So I pop the hood and disconnect the positive battery cable and look at the fuses under the hood. Most of the mini fuses there I am able to pull out, inspect, and reseat. I inspect each one i pull out and they all look fine. After reconnecting the positive battery cable and start the car they roll down no problem. What would cause this issue?

Today I get a test light and run through all of the fuses and they ask test fine except for one which is the 5a fuse in the middle of 3. So while I have it out I test the place where it plugs in at and it's not getting power. I have looked at several diagrams and can't find what it goes to except maybe the RCU and power antenna, but the car doesn't have a power antenna. What does that fuse go to?

I also don't know if the engine cooling fan is coming on properly. I know it is not locked up because I can move it freely and I have had it hooked up to a diagnostics machine and they were able to turn both the engine and ac fans on. But I think that it might not be coming on properly because when I'm sitting at a red light or waiting for someone in a parking lot with the car running I've noticed that the temperature gauge shows that it is running hotter (not running hot) than it does when in going down the road.

Any thoughts?
I have had 4 Bulls G-4's, 3 have had broken wires in the driver's door accordion. Pic, I used the wood peg to hold the accordion back for wire soldering. Common, windows, door locks, speakers, and any other that go through from the front door. Inspection easy, fixin no so easy.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had 4 Bulls G-4's, 3 have had broken wires in the driver's door accordion. Pic, I used the wood peg to hold the accordion back for wire soldering. Common, windows, door locks, speakers, and any other that go through from the front door. Inspection easy, fixin no so easy.
-chart-
The 04 I'm working on has a similar issue, it's like the door switch doesn't know if it wants to work. Could that picture apply to mine as well? I know it has a battery drain and if that's a known problem then I need to check my door wiring.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Check of wires in door accordion just snip the zip tie and peal it back. Need a new zip tie, any common tie OK.
Less common is sticking switch in the door latch.
-chart-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check of wires in door accordion just snip the zip tie and peal it back. Need a new zip tie, any common tie OK.
Less common is sticking switch in the door latch.
-chart-
I'll have to remember that after I get this transmission issue sorted out. I'm getting closer to finishing this car and am quite proud of what I've accomplished with practically no money lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts