Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is going to sound crazy but this is what happens. Eveyonce in a while I get in the car and turn the key and nothing happens, dash lights come on but nothing. If I get out and hit the fuse box under the hood it starts right up. Then Saturday it started but the lights on the dash were flashing and the car was idiling really bad until I hit the box again and it straightened out. There are a few times when there is nothing, no lights or any thing but hitting the box always seems to do the trick. I have just hit the starter relay and that has worked too but not always.

I have checked all the fuses, I have taken out the starter relay and checked the connections and everything looks fine, I have checked the connection where the battery and Alt cables connect.

So could it be a bad starter relay (going out) or am I going to have to replace the fuse box?

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Ok, this is going to sound crazy but this is what happens. Eveyonce in a while I get in the car and turn the key and nothing happens, dash lights come on but nothing. If I get out and hit the fuse box under the hood it starts right up. Then Saturday it started but the lights on the dash were flashing and the car was idiling really bad until I hit the box again and it straightened out. There are a few times when there is nothing, no lights or any thing but hitting the box always seems to do the trick. I have just hit the starter relay and that has worked too but not always.

I have checked all the fuses, I have taken out the starter relay and checked the connections and everything looks fine, I have checked the connection where the battery and Alt cables connect.

So could it be a bad starter relay (going out) or am I going to have to replace the fuse box?
Next time, push on one fuse at a time until the problem changes, then maybe intermittent fuse or the socket it plugs into. Same for relays.

-chart-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts