Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets see how you guys like this question... You know when you leave your keys in the ingnition and when you leave your lights on you get a bing...bing...bing.... well where in the hell is that little speaker? I want to rip it out but I can't find it to save my life.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Look in your manual and find out what fuse it's on. If it's by itself, you might be able to just yank the fuse rather than the entire speaker...else, get a Chilton's manual and use that to locate it...

JR

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I think it's only attached by a wiring harness and you can just unplug it. I think if you just listen to where it's coming from, you can find it. I think it's a white box.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
What you should do is get one of the speakers from a VW GTi and put that in. It has a cool ding dong ding dong sound...much cooler than the one we have...

JR

·
Registered
193 Posts
If it's anything like my old company E-150, you will loose a couple of other things if you pull the fuse. You would have to look in your owners manual for the details. I also remember that if I pulled both plugs on the module I lost my interior lights and something else. After you find it and unplug it make sure everything works.

The speaker is part of the module, and the VW module won't fit. Most VWs have the module plugged into the relay panel (it's the dinger module and a relay in one package).

·
Registered
64 Posts
its under the dash on the drivers side, its just a little black box with a plug, disconnect it. I on the other hand disconnected mine and bashed it off the ground.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again guys...and thats what I want to do is smash the sh*t out of it because since I have removed the airbags this thing bings all the time.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
FYI it is illegal to drive in a car w/o airbags, if it came with them.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
..yeah but if he's in NY (dont no if he is) its illegal to sell airbags at a junk yard... however they sometimes forget to take them out of cars....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts