Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone goin' out to the lake today? What are you fellow PNW'ers doing to cope with the record high heat we're experiencing?

Post your stories!

As for me, I'm goin' out to the lake! Might be there all day. :)

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Whats kind of temps make a record high up there? We have been in the high 90's/low 100's since the middle of June so its nothing new for us! The heat down here should continue up until the end of August!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on the day, but temps this time of year tend to hit 80+.

Right now, it's 98 degrees outside. Supposed to be 94, according to forecasts, and this week we have strong potential to break records all week long.

It's the hottest, driest summer in aout 30 years here, and this week is the hottest week in 20 years.

Temps hovering near the century mark all week long.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
WOW sounds pretty hot! I feel for you! Time to take a windows down spirited drive over to the lake grab a few cold ones and kick it back! :wacko:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edit: It's now 109 degrees here.

Tomorrow's forecast? 99, and it'll definitely be hotter - WAY hotter - than that.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
its dark out and its still feels like midday in my room.

At work it was unbearable, all the damn fan did was blow more super hot air at me, i almost didn't come back from lunch after a dose of Taurus A/C :D got out of the car and almost didn't let go of the steering wheel.. i miss spring/fall

yay my 200th post!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I wish it would get hot around here. For this to be the end of July we haven't had a day above 86F, and that was like once. Our average has been the upper 70s. I would love to get up into the mid 90s or higher. Although it's hard to go through an entire day without getting some form of rain passing through. That's the way it's been all month.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got up to 109 here today, and forecasts tomorrow call for temps even hotter.

This is gonna get fun.

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (StevenRosenow @ Jul 29 2009, 02:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=742831
Got up to 109 here today, and forecasts tomorrow call for temps even hotter.

This is gonna get fun.[/b]
I've seen that in the shade, with a good breeze blowing, for weeks at a time in south/central TX. I had enough sense to move from that particular location. High of ~70 here today, god I love Colorado.

·
Registered
402 Posts
When I was younger I used to live in Mesa, AZ and we'd get up in around 120F. Now that's hot! :sun:
I miss those days.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got up to 119 at my work in Lacey, WA.

Was so hot pavement started coming up and sticking to car tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts