Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Mopar owners here with the Uconnect 130 radio? My dad recently bought a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan, and the audio quality, more specifically, the EQ, seems to be all over the place.

If I listen to the radio, the bass is so overpowering that I have to turn it down to -8 to avoid blowing my ears out. If I play a CD containing older songs or quieter songs that are not peaking around 0 dB, there is hardly any bass, and this results in mostly tinny audio, even though the treble is set in the center. Furthermore, I can't seem to maintain a satisfactory mid range, and at times the audio sounds thin and flat, particularly when the DJ on the radio is talking. In other words, it sounds like I'm listening to a cheap pair of speakers attached to an overpowering sub-woofer that may or may not deliver bass.

All the Ford vehicles that I've driven or been in sounded good with the OEM radio, requiring little to no adjustments. Even the standard amp in my Taurus sounds better than the Uconnect 130, all with even bass, tremble and mid rage. To me, it appears that an EQ preset is set on the radio, but I can't figure out how to adjust it or turn it off, that is, if there is one. Do all the Uconnects suffer from this problem or did we just get a faulty unit?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts