Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my Toro at a Quicklane last week. Oil and filter time. Every Fall I go with the full synthetic. I have it in my head that when the temp hits -0, the full synthetic is just a little bit better than the blended. Maybe I'm right. maybe I'm wrong. But for sure it can't hurt. But that isn't my questions.

A. I watched the guy perform the rotation. He lifted off the LR tire. I fully expected him to place it next to the LF tire, then swap. To my amazement he didn't. He took it to the RF instead. He did an X pattern rotation, not the front-to-back I expected. The Yokohama Avid Ascend GT tires are not directional. They simply mount with an Outside indication. And the X pattern doesn't change that. But what's with the X? Why an X and is it okay to flip the rotation direction like that? The tires are like new. 9/10ths remaining on all 4. Should I be happy and shut up about it? Or am I mad as Hell and sure to bring the Faceless Men to visit them in the dark of night? (A little GOT thing).

B. Quicklane is fine by me. No appointment, not a long wait, they use the right stuff, and seem to do perfectly fine maintenance. But my question is this: When you take your Ford to a Dealer Service Department, they enter the VIN, and if there are recalls or campaigns active for your car, they tell you. I don't think Quicklane does this. So, short of a recall letter from Ford finding you. how will you know?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,104 Posts
I simply do front/rear rotations w/o changing direction/rotation, but the "x" pattern rotation is fine if you rotate regularly (ea. 5-7500k mi.). In the days of the full size spare, they used to incorporate it into the rotation.

·
Super Moderator
8,346 Posts
^^^ I also do the front to rear rotation on all our cars. 2 of the cars have unidirectional tires and the other 3 have non directional.

·
Registered
2013 SEL
418 Posts
B. Quicklane is fine by me. No appointment, not a long wait, they use the right stuff, and seem to do perfectly fine maintenance. But my question is this: When you take your Ford to a Dealer Service Department, they enter the VIN, and if there are recalls or campaigns active for your car, they tell you. I don't think Quicklane does this. So, short of a recall letter from Ford finding you. how will you know?
I'm religious about going to QuickLane. The one I go to has high standards and they get it done right. Helps that the repair department at this dealer is the one I trust more than any other in the area. Also, six quarts of a synthetic blend, filter, and tire rotation for $40-$50? Hard to beat that. Finally, if warranty work is needed or if a recall comes up, they already have the records. Relatively hassle free. Only downside is they are so popular that they had to move to reservations only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts