Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story-time, so today while in the middle of cooking dinner someone knocks on my door peddling a petition. After I politely decline to sign he asks, "whose SHO?" I tell him its mine and he asks to see under the hood because he has a '99. Enthused that I've met another SHO owner, I gladly walk away and pop the hood. Not a few seconds after he tells me that my car looks clean, he tells me about his twin-turboed '99 SHO. First thing he brought up is the weak trans, and I asked if he beefed it up or swapped it. To which he answered, "both". Myself not much into confrontation didn't go over what trans did he use or where are his turbos mounted; I but simply asked if he could bring it by. He then told me he was about the scrap it because it had been wrecked twice. Anyway, I gave him my number and told him if he got a chance to please bring it by before he scrapped it. He also said he'd bring me by some parts for the turbo after he scraps it. Anyway I'm pretty positive someone was fibbing :D. But I'm really surprised such a story came to my doorstep.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
^1, there isn't room under the hood for a single turbo. This is bull.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But does running twin-leaf blowers count? :D

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Complete and utter malarkey.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I know the transmission can be built stronger in the clutch department.
I took the cushion spring out of the forward clutch in my SLO and replaced it with a flat steel, and additional friction disc.
(I believe this could be done on the direct and intermediate clutches also.)
The AX4N was used with the 4.6 mod engine on FWD Lincolns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts