Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pored through the back of the forum and found this guy who hooked up both a supercharger and a turbo to his 3.0 Vulcan! What are your opinions on it? I'd personally like to know how many times he blew out the stock tranny! He says that he gets over 300 hp on one of the chargers alone! Furthermore, I wonder what this kinda setup could do to the Yamaha V-6....or even if there would be any room in the engine bay?!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
He may not be; I think there is a guy with a probe with a twincharger setup and he may have stopped in here. Not sure, though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, this was some other guy. I proposed the twincharger setup on SHOForum, and am waiting to hear their opinions on it. I think it would be interesting. If the numbers this guy said he posted are for real, i would like to see what it could do on a SHO application.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
He may not be; I think there is a guy with a probe with a twincharger setup and he may have stopped in here. Not sure, though.
[/b]
Yes, its a Probe. I have seen his car in person but he took off the supercharger at that time. The Proble vulcan is a bit different..slightly. The engine bay is different too and allows you to put the supercharger on it with more ease. At least that's the way it looked to me. I think they have more room in the back? I dont recall, its been about 6 months seen i've seen him.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
In a SHO probably not, in a SLO maybe. There really isn't much of a need for it though. You can get plenty of horse power with one or the other.

·
Registered
170 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Yes, its a Probe. I have seen his car in person but he took off the supercharger at that time. The Proble vulcan is a bit different..slightly. The engine bay is different too and allows you to put the supercharger on it with more ease. At least that's the way it looked to me. I think they have more room in the back? I dont recall, its been about 6 months seen i've seen him.
[/b][/quote]

Hey man ))) you can come and see it again ( if you want)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think it is a bitchin setup. What transmission is being run on that Probe, and how is it holding up?
[/b]
Probe has a Mazda 626 tranny. The stock tranny holds more than 350HP
In our Probe community we have some GTs running over 350hp on the stock trannys

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: Cool video in the other thread, nice work!

This mazda trans... hmmmm, if 3.8 essex = 3.0 vulcan bell housing I wonder if a 626 Trans is even an option. A quick google search shows some problems like we have. Do those big power guys run a windshield sized trans cooler? :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
What else could you run the Mazda gearbox with? You have it on the Vulcan. How about an Essex or a Yamaha motor?
[/b]
The SHO 3.0 has a different mounting system, but it is possible to mount to the Probe's tranny. How i know, it was done before. One of Probe's owners did that kind of swap. He took a 3.2 SHO and put in to the Probe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts