Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you actually as excited as I am to see this movie?

I've never read the book, unfortunately, but I'm a sucker for movies with fantasy characters such as vampires, warewolves, etc etc. I loved the Underworld movies, and have heard nothing but great things about "Twighlight" the book, so one can only hope the movie will be twice as good. The previews look fantastic! My only hope now, is that they make a movie out of the Alice Borchardt books "The Silver Wolf", "Night of the Wolf" and "The Wolf King".

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Never read the books but the wife and sister in law love them. So I have to watch it. Looks good though. I didnt know how popualar the book was. I went to the release party with them and it was huge.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never read the books but the wife and sister in law love them. So I have to watch it. Looks good though. I didnt know how popualar the book was. I went to the release party with them and it was huge. [/b]

Yeah, this was huge news all over the radio today... Chicago-land is buzzing with the release... At least this morning!

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> Never read the books but the wife and sister in law love them. So I have to watch it. Looks good though. I didnt know how popualar the book was. I went to the release party with them and it was huge. [/b]

Yeah, this was huge news all over the radio today... Chicago-land is buzzing with the release... At least this morning!
[/b][/quote]
When does it come out? This friday?

·
Registered
283 Posts
i wanna see it bc it looks good...if a 5 min trailer doesnt catch ur appeal then the movie wont be that great(sry thats the actor side of me speaking).......but considering all the hype i may get off my butt and go buy the books 1st and do some reading this weekend

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Never read the books but the wife and sister in law love them. So I have to watch it. Looks good though. I didnt know how popualar the book was. I went to the release party with them and it was huge. [/b]

[/b][/quote]
When does it come out? This friday? [/b][/quote]

Next friday (11/21/08)

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I can honestly say I am looking forward to this, ive always been into that sort of stuff.

i wanna see it bc it looks good...if a 5 min trailer doesnt catch ur appeal then the movie wont be that great(sry thats the actor side of me speaking).......but considering all the hype i may get off my butt and go buy the books 1st and do some reading this weekend
[/b]
Thats true, but sometimes in movies, the 5 min trailer shows the ONLY good parts in the movie, the rest of it is crap. So you spend your money to only see the parts that you already saw in the preview. Leaves me a bit pissed off.

·
Registered
712 Posts
A co-worker of mine has read all the books and can't wait to see the movie. She tells me the books are excellent.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
i listened to the first two books on my ipod while at work. (mind numbingly boring job). Its definitely aimed at girls, but it was ok i guess.

i will wait for the dvd i think. i thought cedric diggory died......

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Looks pretty good, but I'm ready for Quantum of Solace tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll like Twilight anywhere near as much as I like the Underworld series.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
i dunno if you can really compare twilight to underworld...just two totally different types of story. if i thought it would be just half as cool as underworld i would be there. seems like twilight is a love story. with vampires. not bad, just not for me...

just sayin....

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
There are 3 girls I know that are unhealthily obsessed with Twilight. Not as bad as the fans you would find on fan forums for it, but pretty bad. So, it's really gotten on my nerves. I have no desire to see this because it's purely a love story, and if there is anything I hate more, it's love stories. Love stories bring out a bitterness in me that I cannot even begin to explain.

I think the thing that annoys me the most is, one of these girls who is obsessed with it is one of my friends, and when normally she is very intelligent, it's like her IQ drops 50 points whenever anyone is talking about Twilight.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Already they're aquiring the rights for the next 3 sequels.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I think the thing that annoys me the most is, one of these girls who is obsessed with it is one of my friends, and when normally she is very intelligent, it's like her IQ drops 50 points whenever anyone is talking about Twilight.
[/b]
Welcome to females getting excited about something :lol2: (this is not a sexist comment, just I find this true of almost every girl I know)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Welcome to females getting excited about something :lol2: (this is not a sexist comment, just I find this true of almost every girl I know)
[/b]

ha ha. not sexist...except for the part inside the parentheses. :D

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>Welcome to females getting excited about something :lol2: (this is not a sexist comment, just I find this true of almost every girl I know)
[/b]

ha ha. not sexist...except for the part inside the parentheses. :D
[/b][/quote]

SHHH!

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Welcome to females getting excited about something :lol2: (this is not a sexist comment, just I find this true of almost every girl I know) [/b][/quote]

That's not true. When I get "excited" about "something" my IQ definately doesn't drop - my mouth just can't form words any more :p

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I saw it last sunday with the wifey, not too bad of a movie, kinda cheesy. It was her third time seeing it, and she read all 5 books or something, shes lame.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts