Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a parts car and it has a place for tweeters in the stock location so i am looking to hook them up how do you.

·
Registered
587 Posts
sorry your a little thin on the question. if talking how to wire oems to the factory radio you put the tweeters in parallel to the woofer. you got a cross over on the tweeters which is the wire etc and the cross over is a capacitor or a resistor etc on a small circuit board. so if removing this make sure to get it all including the mounting bracket for the sail cover and the tweeter mount. it is one hex head screw to remove the tweeter mount and tweeter there are a total of four screws in the grill mount two for the grill cover and two for the mount. and it should be a clip for the tweets

i removed my tweets and put in a after market tweet in the tweet bracket. i remove the old tweeter two screws and add my tweeter no cutting required. i got the same sound system as the one in question and put it all back together. it sounds frickin awesome ford put luxuries in the Taurus and that was one of them. i will see if i can find parallel diagram most likely two subs in parallel. the connection point will be one of the four channel out of the factory amp.

http://www.termpro.com/articles/spkrz.html

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry your a little thin on the question. if talking how to wire oems to the factory radio you put the tweeters in parallel to the woofer. you got a cross over on the tweeters which is the wire etc and the cross over is a capacitor or a resistor etc on a small circuit board. so if removing this make sure to get it all including the mounting bracket for the sail cover and the tweeter mount. it is one hex head screw to remove the tweeter mount and tweeter there are a total of four screws in the grill mount two for the grill cover and two for the mount. and it should be a clip for the tweets

i removed my tweets and put in a after market tweet in the tweet bracket. i remove the old tweeter two screws and add my tweeter no cutting required. i got the same sound system as the one in question and put it all back together. it sounds frickin awesome ford put luxuries in the Taurus and that was one of them. i will see if i can find parallel diagram most likely two subs in parallel. the connection point will be one of the four channel out of the factory amp.

http://www.termpro.com/articles/spkrz.html
do you still have the stock tweets the car i got in just has the mounts and the screens

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Cut after the gray connector in the door, then match the wiring up to the speaker connector down in the door of your other Taurus. May have to extend wiring depending how far down you cut.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just soldered the wire ends from the tweets on to the metal tabs right on the door speaker. All colors matched. Did not have enough slack in the main wire to splice into it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
do you still have the stock tweets the car i got in just has the mounts and the screens

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yes i do and do not plan on useing them ever again. if you need them tell me tweeter x over . just no mounts i got my after market in the stock mount. so i do not want to give them away. probly just give them to you if you need them that bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts