Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2000 Taurus SES, which does not have tweeter in the sail. I am wondering if there is a way to install them in a 2000 via connection to the woofer in the door?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Yup, just splice them in.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If you find some 1998+ tweeters/housings from a Taurus or Sable, the crossover is built in (wrapped in foam) :)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
If you find some 1998+ tweeters/housings from a Taurus or Sable, the crossover is built in (wrapped in foam) :)
[/b]
:werd: If you cut them out of the donor car, make sure you keep the foam-wrapped part.

Your SES won't be plug and play, but all you have to do is splice them in with the door speaker like they said. :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You wire them in parallel to the speaker in the door. You need the crossover (foam encased)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
You wire them in parallel to the speaker in the door. You need the crossover (foam encased)
[/b]
For someone that has no knowledge of car audio, what is a crossover? I have the fake sails and would love tweeters eventually... Come 2010 I'm not even gonna want a new Taurus!

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
You have a woofer in your door?

Mike
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
My wife has a 2000 Taurus SES, which does not have tweeter in the sail. I am wondering if there is a way to install them in a 2000 via connection to the woofer in the door? [/b]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your wife's Taurus has the standard audio system? If so, I'd recommend upgrading (while you're in the process of adding tweeters) to the MACH system. Possibly replace all of your OEM speakers with some other ones (or even factory MACH speakers) along with a MACH amp (located in the rear of the vehicle). For stock sound, this is a great system without breaking the bank!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I would get a MACH amp with aftermarket speakers (Alpine/JL/Pioneer etc). They'd sound nice even w/o tweeters. I plan to do this on my dad's 2004 SES since it doesn't have preplugs for tweets. Grrr

·
Registered
167 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
For someone that has no knowledge of car audio, what is a crossover? I have the fake sails and would love tweeters eventually... Come 2010 I'm not even gonna want a new Taurus! [/b][/quote]
A crossover filters the sound that is processed through it so that it does not distort and possibly damage the speaker with too high or too low of a frequency.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
For someone that has no knowledge of car audio, what is a crossover? I have the fake sails and would love tweeters eventually... Come 2010 I'm not even gonna want a new Taurus!
[/b][/quote]

Crossovers (for the tweeters) are filters that filter out the high frequency so they don't blow the tweeters.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Crossovers (for the tweeters) are filters that filter out the high frequency so they don't blow the tweeters. [/b][/quote]

:werd:

They don't allow anything below a certain frequency through, so you don't get words through your tweeters. A high pass crossover is just a capacitor.

<div class='quotemain'>
You have a woofer in your door?

Mike
:dunno: [/b]
no its prob factory speaker [/b][/quote]

Mike was being a smartass :thumb:

·
Registered
232 Posts
When I asked the question of parrallel or series for the tweeters, I was told series. Now I see parrallel. So which?

Regardless, they are a nice addition.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can cut them in as i did with my infinity component set. It uses a woofer for the mids and lows, and a tweeter for the vocals and highs. The frequency is separated using the included passive crossover. I used a rotary tool to cut the tweeters in. And i used dynamat on the entie door.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
When I asked the question of parrallel or series for the tweeters, I was told series. Now I see parrallel. So which?

Regardless, they are a nice addition. [/b]
Mine are wired parallel and work fine.

You can cut them in as i did with my infinity component set. It uses a woofer for the mids and lows, and a tweeter for the vocals and highs. The frequency is separated using the included passive crossover. I used a rotary tool to cut the tweeters in. And i used dynamat on the entie door.

[/b]
You should do what I did and mount those in factory housings. Much better look IMO, and you can angle them toward the listening audience.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=60932&hl=

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The factory ford data shows them wired in parallel, and thats how they were wired from the donor car at the JY.

·
Registered
103 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> When I asked the question of parrallel or series for the tweeters, I was told series. Now I see parrallel. So which?

Regardless, they are a nice addition. [/b]
Mine are wired parallel and work fine.

[/b]
You should do what I did and mount those in factory housings. Much better look IMO, and you can angle them toward the listening audience.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=60932&hl=
[/b][/quote]

I been looking for the mach tweeter grills but can't find them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts