Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I was wondering if a TwEECer will work on a non sho? If so would it work on my 95 Sable with a 3.0 Vulcan?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Also anyone Know anything about a MegaSquirt?( be adult people)
The turbo vulcan probe used a megasquirt, IIRC. It's entirely possible, but a significant amount of work for little gain unless your car is heavily modified. Even then, you can work near miracles with an SCT flash tuner and a dyno tune. (Again, dyno tune not worth the $$$ unless heavily modified, baseline SCT tune is, though).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After I posted Last night I found the Moates QuarterHorse tuner. I think it will be the best option for what I am doing .

Dubeckyj, SCT is a great product.I just hate having to take it to a "tuner" to get a chip reburnt after every Modification . Im a True DIY guy who would rather learn the software then rent a dyno for a couple hours

·
Registered
671 Posts
After I posted Last night I found the Moates QuarterHorse tuner. I think it will be the best option for what I am doing .

Dubeckyj, SCT is a great product.I just hate having to take it to a "tuner" to get a chip reburnt after every Modification . Im a True DIY guy who would rather learn the software then rent a dyno for a couple hours
But your engine operates differently at idle than at load. Unless you want to tear down your street at WOT multiple times from 2k or 3k RPM to 6k to get your readings, adjust, then tear down your street again. From my experience, the cops don't like that. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts