Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Don't have that problem here... :dunno:

We just got a new one and it was ready for pickup in a couple days.

I have a couple old rabbit ear TVs if you really need one right now.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Maybe you are only interested in the outgoing models? This time of year is when all the new TVs come out...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
what kind of tv are you looking for?

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
My parents ordered their TV Dec 28th I believe. It was suppose to be in this past weekend. Turns out best buy never ordered it. They then said no refund as it was past thirty days and they had no idea when it would arrive.

That ended well. Refund was given. Same TV ordered at Sears, will be in Wednesday

There was a lot of purchasing recently on LCDs and such. So a lot of places sold out. Especially on good deal TVs.

WHat are you looking into. Samsung hopefully.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I bought my TV after the holidays but before the switch to digital for just this reason.[/b]
Luke beat me too it, in like, 2 or 3 weeks all the old analog TV's will no longer work, and you need the digital TV box. You can still use the analog TV's, but theres some sketchy box. Guess people decided its time to get better picture though.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
I bought my TV after the holidays but before the switch to digital for just this reason.[/b]
Luke beat me too it, in like, 2 or 3 weeks all the old analog TV's will no longer work, and you need the digital TV box. You can still use the analog TV's, but theres some sketchy box. Guess people decided its time to get better picture though.
[/b][/quote]

a lot of people are mistake about this. It's not that analog tvs wont work. It just means you won't be able to pick up signals over the air without a digital tuner, or digital converter box. If you have an analog tv hooked to cable or satellite you have nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

a lot of people are mistake about this. It's not that analog tvs wont work. It just means you won't be able to pick up signals over the air without a digital tuner, or digital converter box. If you have an analog tv hooked to cable or satellite you have nothing to worry about.
[/b][/quote]

yea, but like you said, alot of people dont know that, and are ditching their tv's to get new ones in fear it wont work anymore.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
They're delaying the digital TV switchover to June. People aren't prepared (or confused), they say. As if 5 years wasn't enough notice. But I digress.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
They're delaying the digital TV switchover to June. People aren't prepared (or confused), they say. As if 5 years wasn't enough notice. But I digress. [/b]
There's a TV station here that won't be ready until August.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
They're delaying the digital TV switchover to June. People aren't prepared (or confused), they say. As if 5 years wasn't enough notice. But I digress.
[/b]
It'd be nice to get cable 100% digital before worrying about broadcast tv...

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was looking into this tv: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05771088000P

Samsung 40" TOC 1080p... I'm buying it at Sears obviously because I get to use my discount... But we're all out of them and cannot order because its on backorder. The next one down was a Samsung 40" 1080p without the TOC, and it says the same thing. I will only look at Samsung TV's because thats what I've decided is best for me.

I don't immediately need a TV since I have a Zenith 27" floor model TV that's still alive and kicking, but since I have the money in hand now to buy the TV, I'd rather buy it and get it over with!

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I was looking into this tv: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05771088000P

Samsung 40" TOC 1080p... I'm buying it at Sears obviously because I get to use my discount... But we're all out of them and cannot order because its on backorder. The next one down was a Samsung 40" 1080p without the TOC, and it says the same thing. I will only look at Samsung TV's because thats what I've decided is best for me.

I don't immediately need a TV since I have a Zenith 27" floor model TV that's still alive and kicking, but since I have the money in hand now to buy the TV, I'd rather buy it and get it over with!
[/b]
Ash do you even know what TOC is? It adds a "amber tint" to the outside of the tv, so its not jet black, thats it.

http://www.samsung.com/us/news/newsRead.do?news_seq=6445

useless.

·
Registered
328 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Ash do you even know what TOC is? It adds a "amber tint" to the outside of the tv, so its not jet black, thats it.

useless.
[/b][/quote]

I rather like the TOC sets.

Goes great with my hardwood floor.

Zorin

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have a samsung 40 inch lcd. guess its not as good as that one. It's doing pretty well.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

useless. [/b][/quote]

Yeah I know what the ToC is. I rather like it, just because it adds some accent and sets it apart from all the other LCD tv's out there. Plus the one we have at work looks a lot better than the 2nd Samsung I was looking at as far as picture quality. It might be a higher megahertz TV than the 2nd one.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

useless. [/b][/quote]

Yeah I know what the ToC is. I rather like it, just because it adds some accent and sets it apart from all the other LCD tv's out there. Plus the one we have at work looks a lot better than the 2nd Samsung I was looking at as far as picture quality. It might be a higher megahertz TV than the 2nd one.
[/b][/quote]

pfft, ToC = teh rice :lol2:

if you like it thats all that matters =)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Oi VEY! That thing is EXPENSIVE!

I was able to buy my 42" Samsung LN42A550 for $1000.

I would go with the 40" LN40A550 for $899, minus your discount. Use the rest on a Blu-Ray player or PS3.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
TOC supposedly does help to focus your vision to the screen.

That is a bit high for a 40". I have an LN52A650 that I got for 1999 from Best buy. My parents have the same one coming in Wednesday from Sears for the same price I believe.

+1 on BluRay. I went with the Samsung BD-P2500. 249.99 at Christmas time. Streams netflix and Pandora. I also like keeping the TV and BluRay the same brand. Bypassed PS3 as I would NEVER use the video game aspect

1 - 20 of 29 Posts