Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals (both sides) have stopped working on my 92 Sable GS sedan. At first when I tried the hazards they didn't work either, but I sprayed WD-40 down by the hazard button and this got the hazards working really easily. On hazards, all of the bulbs flash like they should. The flasher behind the dimmer switch clicks like it should. Also, when I push the turn signal, the white lamp that illuminates in that direction does turn on. So I couldn't decide if it was the switch or the flasher since they both seemed to be doing something right. I cleaned out the internals of the switch and put it back on, this didn't change anything. I bought a new switch and put it on, this also didn't fix it. So I ordered a new flasher (I beleive there is only one, behind the dimmer switch, correct?), and this also didn't change anything at all. So its definitely not either of those. In every troubleshooting discussion I've seen it was one of these things. And the bulbs work on hazard, but I haven't really checked them individually yet.

Anyone have any clues for me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the light comes on when you activate the turn signal, but it just stays lit constantly instead of flashing?
[/b]
No, I was talking about a different light. Its like another headlight, only on the Mercury version, on the corner that shines out to the side when you put the turn indicator on, to help you see that way. It isn't a blinker.

And I forgot to mention in the OP, I did check the fuse too...

·
Premium Member
14,124 Posts
The dash indicator lights are on the same circuit coming out of the MFS for each light. There is only one flasher.

There is a connector that is after the MFS that both turn signals go through and is after the dash lights. C100, it is the large square one on top of the drivers fender in the engine compartment.

White and light blue for the right and light green and white for the left.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
No, I was talking about a different light. Its like another headlight, only on the Mercury version, on the corner that shines out to the side when you put the turn indicator on, to help you see that way. It isn't a blinker.[/b]
corner lamp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts