The turn signals on my 2008 Taurus act very strange. The front turn signal bulbs function completely normally (for the most part, aside from hyperflashing when the rear bulbs hyperflash) while the rear signals exhibit the following behaviors:
- When hazard lights are turned on, both lights flash at the regular speed, as expected.
- When one turn signal is turned on without the brake applied, both rear bulbs hyperflash, as if a bulb was burned out. Both light bulbs flash in this state.
- When the brake is applied while the turn signals are hyperflashing, the light returns to its regular speed while the brake is applied. Only the correct turn signal flashes.
- When the brake is released, both bulbs start hyperflashing again.
- Having the headlights on does not affect the behavior.