Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what the problem could be? I'm guessing clockspring but I can't seem to find any clocksprings for a 2000 Taurus online. Any help would be appreciated.

Vic

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you haven't already done so,check out yahoos answers . com. Just type in the same question you asked on T.C.C.A. make sure you specify that you have a taurus.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Muti-Function Switch (MFS) replacement. Not a hard DIY.
Clock spring is related to air-bag, not turn signals. (PS, it's not really a spring either.)

Multi-Function Switch (MFS) Problems
Common Symptoms: Headlights don't work (highs and/or lows), wipers don't work correctly, turn signals don't work correctly, hazards don't work correctly, any combination requiring moving the MFS or turning on another feature to get one feature to work.

Removal and Replacement
Cleaning
Deeper Cleaning
Testing (1)
Testing (2)
How it works

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
^^^^ +1

Replace the MFS.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I replaced the MFS, but it didn't fix it. Can the cam be fixed?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you have the same problem as the OP? If so, the only other issues I can think of are: a bad flasher, a short in the wiring or a light socket, or a possible blockage in the steering column preventing the arm from returning to the middle (off) position. Was the MFS that you just installed new or used?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
I have researched this problem before, in fact my friend had the same problem with his Taurus(turn signal not cancelling) it was suggested on a few different sites, to use some wd-40 sprayed into the 4 way flasher opening and working the flasher. It cured his turn signal problem quickly, and for minimal cost!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts