Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals recently quit working in my 2002 Taurus with 186k miles. While I was driving when I hit the turn signal it made a loud buzzing noise then quit working and hasn't worked since. I tried the hazards at the time and they emitted the same buzzing noise. However, now the hazards are working fine but the turn signals still don't work. I suspect the multi-function switch due to research on here. I tried spraying both wd-40 first then electrical contact cleaner in the hazard button but it hasn't made a difference. Since there are not any available at local parts stores I would have to order it and replace next weekend, and the cheapest one is $107.99, I figured I would post here to see if anyone had the similar issues. None of the threads I have read mentioned the buzzing noise. I don't think it would be the flasher since the hazards are now working. Also what years are interchangeable since I thinking about getting a used one from a local salvage yard if available. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,502 Posts
Buzzing relays are often caused by a bad ground.

Reactions: sheila and kekaye56

·
Registered
48 Posts
if the issues are like this, i dont suggest getting something from a salvage yard. best get replacements. also i agree it might be a bad ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts