Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turn signal flasher for 1993 model. For the life of me, I can't find this. I have found the three-prong HAZARD flasher, but I can't find the turn signal flasher. I don't think the problem is in the fuse, because it looks good and the brake lights and cruise control work fine. Question 1: does anybody have a PHOTO of the location? I see these schematic depictions online, which say it is right above the fuse box to the left of the steering column, but there is no second flasher to be found. I have every panel possible removed so I can see pretty well, but I can't find it. Also, Question 2: what is the round cavity in the corner of the fuse box? It looks like that could house a cylindrical flasher, but mine is empty. The turn flashers have worked for 19 years, but recently just quit. Neither signal works. I am new here, and I would appreciate any help I could get to get my signals working again.

·
Registered
22,808 Posts
Does the 93 use sep. flashers for the hazards and turn sigs.? Iirc, later models share the same one. On my gen3s, mine is a blue (or black) cube tucked up under the front of the dash in front of the steering wheel in a bracket retainer. Are you sure it's not the mfs (multi-function switch- aka, turn signal stalk)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know. I was hoping that someone here could shed light on this.

I don't know. I was hoping that someone here could shed light on this. I did replace the hazard flasher, hoping that it controlled both, but that didn't make any difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Multi-function switch?

Can ANYONE actually say if there is a second flasher for the turn signals and, if so, pinpoint its location?

I am perplexed as to the lack of documentation on the turn signal flasher. Even my owner's manual doesn't talk about the method for replacing this item. You would think that with all the pages FORD spent on checking & replacing fuses, that they would devote discussion as to how a user could LOCATE & REPLACE this extremely important piece of safety equipment.

I have not considered the multi-function switch. I have assumed that since both signals quit simultaneously, it would have to be the flasher, but perhaps this is a bad assumption. Is there a test to tell if it is the switch?

·
Super Moderator
8,008 Posts
Remove the instrument light dimmer switch along with its panel at your left knee when sitting in the driver seat). You will see the flasher. At least thats where it is on my 95, and it should be the same on your 93.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nope! Not there!

Nope! Not there! What I can plainly see behind the dimmer switch opening is the black HAZARD flasher.
Is anyone able to confirm that my car has TWO different flashers? Thanks for your replies.
I have had no luck yet, but I will post any new findings here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts