·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better? What's the difference?

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Well the Sable has more standard features and you can get fog lights on the Sable while it's not an option on the Taurus.

On the other hand, I feel the Taurus just looks better than the Sable so it's the Taurus for me. Oh well, that's just how things work.

·
Registered
359 Posts
<_< Seems as though you've already made up your mind about which is better. Why would you want to go and sew dissention in the ranks with a thread title like that? I'm just curious.

The only difference between a "turd" and your Sable is a few options and some sheet metal.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Lol, my Dad is the only one I've ever heard call them turds before - I come from a GM family...

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
That's like asking which is better.... a Denali or an Escalade? They're basically the same car with the exception of cosmetics and a few buttons.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Yeah except people pay more for an Escalade (Even when it LOOKED just like the Denali) just for the name. Dumb. B)

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
A Taurus isn't a Turd...that's just being dumb...

They're the same damn car.

I agree with Mantioch...why would you even say that? It's just....(long sigh)...

JR

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Jun 24 2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah except people pay more for an Escalade (Even when it LOOKED just like the Denali) just for the name. Dumb. B)

-Kyle
True Kyle, but since they pay more for them they generally have a higher resale value come time to sell them. Not trying to take sides or nothing just stating a fact. I figure it all works out one way or the other, Taurus or Sable they are both good cars.

·
Registered
411 Posts
MERCURY= RICH MANS FORD!!!!! :lol2:

Although, I have to say a few things about the Taurus.

The Three Trim levels SE, SES, and SEL give the customer more choice.

For example, lets say that you want the Duratec, Moonroof, but do not want EATC because you want to put a killer aftermarket head unit in.

What does the Taurus offer: SES, you can get all of those options, I believe Sarah (detroit raver) just did that.

Can you do that with the Sable: NO

All Current Sables are GS or LS, All GS models are Vulcans with Manual climate controls. All LS models are Duratec with EATC.

You can't get a Sable LS without the EATC, so one would look to the Taurus SES.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by JJ57@Jun 24 2004, 04:06 PM

For example, lets say that you want the Duratec, Moonroof, but do not want EATC because you want to put a killer aftermarket head unit in.

What does the Taurus offer: SES, you can get all of those options, I believe Sarah (detroit raver) just did that.

yup i did! all's i know is that i CAN NOT live with out the duratec or the moonroof EVER again!!

and i kinda forgot, what is EATC? traction control?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by detroit_raver@Jun 24 2004, 10:52 PM
EATC- Electronic Climate Control- temperature settings adjusted electronically, this layout tipically makes installing an aftermarket hu next to impossible without some seirous modification or clever placement

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was being sarcastic with the whold "turd" vs. Sable thing. Yes, they are the same car. I thought it just sounded funny- which it did at 3am...

No offence to Taurus owners- I agree that Tauri look better than Sables. Sables are granny cars unless something is done to make it look like it belongs in a younger generation. (spoilers, fog lights, headlight eyebrows...)

I love my Sable, but if I had to choose between a Sable and a taurus, Id bedriving the Taurus.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by 2FST4U2C+Jun 24 2004, 11:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2FST4U2C @ Jun 24 2004, 11:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-detroit_raver@Jun 24 2004, 10:52 PM
EATC- Electronic Climate Control- temperature settings adjusted electronically, this layout tipically makes installing an aftermarket hu next to impossible without some seirous modification or clever placement [/b][/quote]
:homer: i knew that. ugh... learned too much about nutrition tonight in college. 4 hours of Lipids. so.. yeah... i don't have the digital controls.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My head unit is under the dash. It would cost me $450 to go to analog climate controls to put in an aftermarket head unit. That doesnt include the hu installation kit either. My original stereo/cd changer decided it was done, but the electronic climate control still works. Dunno what happened.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
The Denali is better, they offer 4-wheel steering and better styling and that sexy grill. :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedyGreeny@Jun 24 2004, 11:16 PM
I was being sarcastic with the whold "turd" vs. Sable thing. Yes, they are the same car. I thought it just sounded funny- which it did at 3am...

No offence to Taurus owners- I agree that Tauri look better than Sables. Sables are granny cars unless something is done to make it look like it belongs in a younger generation. (spoilers, fog lights, headlight eyebrows...)

I love my Sable, but if I had to choose between a Sable and a taurus, Id bedriving the Taurus.
So before you offend the Taurus owners, and now in a ploy to make them like you again, you offend the Sable owners.

I guess the only way that a "granny" car will ever look like it's for a "younger" generation is to rice it out, right? Six foot spoiler and a fart can? That's what you were implying, right? That my car, and the cars of all the other Sable owners on these boards are somehow "old people's cars?" It seems you have a Sable too. Don't knock your brethren...

The Taurus and Sable are the same car, yet they're marketed to different crowds, it's called market differentiation. Ford does the same with with the Expedition and the Navigator and the Explorer and Mountaineer...

Please...don't criticize our cars like that. Most of us put with constant crap because we love our "grocery getters." I do...and I'm sure there are many among us that do the same.

Please think before you speak...err...type...

[/rant]

JR

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by 95GL+Jun 25 2004, 02:36 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (95GL @ Jun 25 2004, 02:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Qwertz9586@Jun 24 2004, 07:44 PM
Lightbar owns you all! :p

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=117408&filename=NightLight.jpg' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]

:coolgleam:[/b][/quote]
:withstupid: I agree, a fellow Gen 2 Sable owner :D [/b][/quote]
:withstupid:
I like them both, but the light bar kicks butt.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
I loved the light bar on our long gone '86 Sable, except that a bulb burned out at least once a week :blink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts