Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm still not done with the body work but I've fixed any problems the car has that I can think of. Scrubbed, degreased and coated the rusty undercarriage, cleaned the IAC valve, repaired the battery cables. I need more to do.

So I thought a "tune up" would be a good place to start. Here's a list I found online. Any suggestions to add? (Turbocharging wouldn't be in the tune up, that will have to come later).

-Check the fuel filter (good thread on doing this I saw in the forum)
-Check the air filter
-Check the spark plugs
-Check spark plug wires
-Check fluid levels (already did that and coolant is still green)
-Check the PCV valve
-Change oil if necessary
-Check belts for cracks/fraying
-Check lights
-Check tire air pressure and tread

Sound complete?

(Surprisingly when I did a forum search on "tune up" my post on putting a turbine in my taurus came up on the first page, maybe it is a tuning up procedure)

·
Registered
587 Posts
check head light adjustment some times they get out of whack and knowing how to adjust them will help if you plan on h.i.d.'s. i am sure you can find plenty on this on this forum on adjustments. also check head light to see if one is orange or yellower then the others. this would be a good time to replace them at the same time so the color stay consistent. mainly white as bulbs get older they lose some gas in them. then tend to get darker in color so different color or yellowing bulbs is a sign for a up grade. to a new set you will see further with new bulbs too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Sounds good, I have to reinstall the headlights for the body work anyways so I'll need to learn adjustments, and I got new sets of bulbs to update the old ones while I'm at it. Even though I already did it I'm going to add "clean engine" to the list too for future reference.

:picard2:(I love cpt. picard)

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
This information is found elsewhere, corrupted by subjective opinions, but I will just advise that you use Motorcraft, Autolite, or NGK ignition components, double platinum or better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts