Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the two tubes that is attached to the connector attached to the intake manifold, between the back pressure sensor and vacuum solenoid, has been burned and detached. I can't find the other end and can't find a diagram telling me what it connects to. HELP.

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (mgrunsten @ May 31 2010, 08:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808213
One of the two tubes that is attached to the connector attached to the intake manifold, between the back pressure sensor and vacuum solenoid, has been burned and detached. I can't find the other end and can't find a diagram telling me what it connects to. HELP.[/b]

Both hoses on the egr backpressure transducer, connect one above the other on the exhaust manifold tube. (The metal pipe that connects the EGR valve to the exhaust manifold).

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (kgrantkey @ May 31 2010, 11:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808260
One of the two tubes that is attached to the connector attached to the intake manifold, between the back pressure sensor and vacuum solenoid, has been burned and detached. I can't find the other end and can't find a diagram telling me what it connects to. HELP.[/b]

Both hoses on the egr backpressure transducer, connect one above the other on the exhaust manifold tube. (The metal pipe that connects the EGR valve to the exhaust manifold).
[/b][/quote]

Thanks kgrantkey, I believe that I am talking about a different set of tubes. I'm going to make a drawing per fdogg96's suggestion in the morning.

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (mgrunsten @ May 31 2010, 11:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808274

[/b][/quote]

Thanks kgrantkey, I believe that I am talking about a different set of tubes. I'm going to make a drawing per fdogg96's suggestion in the morning.

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

[attachment=33341:picture_0999.jpg]

Don't know if this will help. My car is a 96. The green hose is EGR valve to Vacuum solenoid. One red hose is vacuum solenoid to intake manifold. The other red hose is intake manifold to fuel pressure regulator (regulator not shown in pic.)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (kgrantkey @ Jun 1 2010, 12:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808282

[/b][/quote]

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

Don't know if this will help. My car is a 96. The green hose is EGR valve to Vacuum solenoid. One red hose is vacuum solenoid to intake manifold. The other red hose is intake manifold to fuel pressure regulator (regulator not shown in pic.)
[/b][/quote]

Thanks much kg! Think your note on where the red hoses go will get me to the connecting point. Great picture by the way.

Mike G
El Paso, TX

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

[/b][/quote]

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Hello again,

There is an additional red hose coming out of the connector attached to the intake manifold on my engine. I see that your engine has another plug under the backpressure sensor. My engine doesn't have that. Would you know what the hose coming out of that connector attaches to?

Thanks again for your help.
Mike G
El Paso

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (mgrunsten @ Jun 2 2010, 06:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808821

[/b][/quote]

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Hello again,

There is an additional red hose coming out of the connector attached to the intake manifold on my engine. I see that your engine has another plug under the backpressure sensor. My engine doesn't have that. Would you know what the hose coming out of that connector attaches to?

Mike G
El Paso
[/b][/quote]

On the back of my intake manifold are two red hoses side by side about 1 1/2 inches apart. One goes to the vacuum solenoid. The other runs past the solenoid around the end of the intake and connects to the fuel pressure regulator. Sometimes there is a sticker on the bottom side of the hood that displays the vacuum lines that may be helpful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (kgrantkey @ Jun 2 2010, 11:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808881
QUOTE (mgrunsten @ Jun 2 2010, 06:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808821

[/b][/quote]

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Hello again,

Mike G
El Paso
[/b][/quote]

On the back of my intake manifold are two red hoses side by side about 1 1/2 inches apart. One goes to the vacuum solenoid. The other runs past the solenoid around the end of the intake and connects to the fuel pressure regulator. Sometimes there is a sticker on the bottom side of the hood that displays the vacuum lines that may be helpful.
[/b][/quote]

Will check in morning, Thanks kg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts