Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the TSB performed on their car regarding the gas smell in their vents after starting the car? Ever since I purchased this car, after it sits for a very short while on a hot day, I get a strong smell of gasoline through the vents immediately after starting it. On Alldata.com, there is a TSB regarding this problem and I think it has something to do with the intake gaskets. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

David... P.S. Please email me direct if you know the answer. <[email protected]>

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
That would be TSB Article No. 01-4-3

FUEL - FUEL ODOR - FUEL SMELL FROM PASSENGER COMPARTMENT - VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 3.0L 4-VALVE DURATEC ENGINE ONLY - UPDATED LOWER INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS
CLIMATE CONTROL - ODOR - FUEL SMELL FROM PASSENGER COMPARTMENT THROUGH VENTS - VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 3.0L 4-VALVE DURATEC ENGINE ONLY - UPDATED LOWER INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS
ENGINE - FUEL ODOR - FUEL SMELL FROM PASSENGER COMPARTMENT THROUGH VENTS - VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 3.0L 4-VALVE DURATEC ENGINE ONLY - UPDATED LOWER INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts