[attachmentid=22009]
[attachmentid=22010]
[attachmentid=22011]
[attachmentid=22012]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
That's one GHETTO tranny vent. I wouldn't want some long hose routed around my engine bay and held in place with hose clamps - I rather just let the tranny leak.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I realize this is an old post but thought I'd post this link anyway.

TSB 06-18-13

The above page has a link to a .pdf version of the Technical Service Bulletin if you'd like to download it.

Cheers from Claremore, OK! :)
Dave

·
Registered
154 Posts
Does anyone else offer this part? Can I get the pieces at Autozone/Advanced? The Ford dealership is closed...and fixing it tonight would be good. :)

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
About 3 weeks ago I moved the car further up in the driveway (so wife could pull in) a while later I noticed a puddle of oil under the car. The puddle was about 10" in Dia. I crawled under and would have to say it wasn't leaking at the pan but seemed to be leaking from the filler/stick tube, as the tube and dip stick was oily. I took it into the garage they took a look at it told me they couldn't see anything wrong they said the vent was clear (no charge BTW). I have been going there for some time now and fully trust them. It's odd because it was like some unexplained event don't worry about it kind of thing, this was my impression, not their words.
Several times since there has been oil patches in the driveway. when I do see the oil patch I find the dipstick is not seated properly in the tube. It seems to me that there is a pressure issue. If I leave the oil level on the dip stick on the low point of the hash marks (normal level) it did not seem to happen nearly as often, but now it is happening again even at the lower fluid level.

Transmission 4F50N (column shifter if that matters)
last oil/filter change, 162,400 kms, March 2009 now at 294,000 KMS

questions
- What other than a blocked vent would cause this?
- If I pull the pan to change filter/oil/gasket will I be able to find any visual indication(s) of the trouble I'm having?

I have read through and looked the pictures of a "hose attached to the vent solution" but don't see this as a solution as I am not blowing transmission fluid up through the vent but up through the filer tube. The rubber cap on the vent is not fixed too tight so as not to allow proper venting. It clips on but loose enough to float around but not pop off.

Appreciate any feedback

1 - 10 of 10 Posts