Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I stated in a diffrent thread, my moms 1997 Mercury Sable is kinda acting up. I went to move it the other day and it had a hard time starting. Finnaly it did, and the "BRAKE ( ! ) ( P )" light is on. Well I decided to tackle the starting problem first, so I pulled the battery today and had it tested, it says "REPLACE". This is the original Motorcraft Battery from 1997. I'll keep you guys updated.

G

·
I hate DieHard. When they die... they really Die Hard. They I believe are some of the worst batteries made...lol Sorry Ash, dont mean to knock on your battery. I just speak from Automotive expierience.

I would go for a Duralast Gold, Energizer, or Motorcraft Battery. Those are some of the best.

Duralast Gold = Autozone
Energizer Maxx = PepBoys
Motorcraft = Ford Dealer

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I've always had great luck with Diehards. I have a Diehard Gold in the Sable now, and it's great. It's only two years old, but it works great.

I also had a Diehard gold in my old Topaz, which sat for two years, not moving, and when I started it for the first time, after not starting for two years, it turned over first try!

JR

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will most likely go with Motorcraft, they've always been really good to me in the past. Ultimatly, its her car and her money, so if she wasnts to jirry-rig a 9 volt in there, I guess thats what we'll do, LOL. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts