Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My search for a new vehicle has left the Taurus SHO at the top of the list; however, I am torn trying to determine which color combination to go with (exterior and interior). I had a chance to drive a black SHO with the ginger interior yesterday and liked it quite a bit...however, my wife is not yet sold on that interior and prefers the black.

I guess my questions are what combo did you go with and are you happy with it and/or what combo would you be looking for if you purchasing now? I am looking 2010-2012 so I know that changes some of the exterior options.

I am thinking that I might swap out the grille and powder coat the rims to a darker color; however, I might end up passing on that.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
IMO, red exterior, black interior.

and....welcome to the club!! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the White exterior and the Black & Umber (Black and Tan) interior. Love it. Don't know what the colors are for the 2011 but the Black & Umber was offered in the 2010.

I purchased my car pre-owned. Could have gotten one close to home, but I did not want the Black & Black interior. Found this one 140 from home. Went down there, liked it, and bought it.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I have the candy red metallic and it was my favorite color. The steel blue that was available in 2010 was a great color and the dark grey that was new for 2011 was very sharp. I know with the red you could only get the all black interior. I like the umber/black combo but wife didn't care for it. Also, if you haven't ordered yet, the changes taking place for 2013 would almost make it worth the short 6-8 week wait to get a 13. Also, I know with the problems in Japan red was not available for a while along with some other colors due to the pigment being made in Japan. Good luck, let us know what you decide.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I agree, although I was really torn between the red or the white, but I was disappointed when I saw the white, not there is anything wrong with it, but it wasn't what I expected. I also really like the steel blue, and found one equipped exactly like the red one I got, but they were at different dealers and the dealer with the red SHO was 2 grand cheaper on their first offer and the dealer with the blue won't move at all, and then the dealer with the red car came down even more, so I ended up with the red.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts