Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way in the world to lock the trunk release switch on a Gen III so that you can't just open the driver side door and push the button without the key in the ignition?

·
Registered
193 Posts
If I remember right, on my Gen 3 the wire going to the release from the button is the negative. So when you push the button you are completing the negative side of the circuit. I am almost positive about this because my alarm system only has a negative trunk trigger. You would have to find the positive side of the circuit and run it to something that is switched by the ignition.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Why couldn't you just switch the positive wire from +12V always hot to the +12V ignition hot? Just re-wire using the ignition wire off the back of your stereo. This would require the car to be either running or in ACC in order for the trunk to open via the switch. It won't get power until then and won't pop unless, of course, you push the button to complete the circuit.

Derek

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
You could add a relay to the switch and power the relay with the hot in run or accessory circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts