Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -- any idea how to secure this trim piece to the back of the trunk lid on my 2007 Taurus? It stays on, but isn't on tightly. It looks like it has 4 screw holes underneath, but none of them has a screw in it. I tried just adding some screws, but they never got a grip into anything behind the trim piece... A few years ago I did get a remote keyfob installed for my car, and it included a button to open the trunk... Maybe they took this piece off to install something for that? Any suggestions? IMG_1014.JPG

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Not sure what is loose but here are a few pics of that trim piece off a 2001 so you can see the attachment points. The whole piece is held in place with a few nuts and the bottom piece is nor separate to the whole trim.
IMG_3155.jpg
IMG_3156.jpg
IMG_3157.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Automender! What's loose is the trim to the right of the license plate (facing it). I took a closer look, and it looks like there are little plastic squares on the ends of those bolts. Do you have a picture of what those squares hook into? I tried to zoom into your picture of the back of the trim piece, but I got all fuzzy on me... It looks to me like the four side bolts each attach to a triangular black framing piece of some kind? The right side bolt closest to the license plate has broken off of that black frame piece... so I probably can't fix that. Maybe that same piece also broke off (cleanly) on the end as well, as it appears to be missing, and the square on the end of the bolt doesn't hook into anything... I doubt that I can buy just those little black triangles, can I? If that's the case, probably my best next step will be to just superglue that side of the trim piece to the trunk lid. Any reason not to do that? If I ever have to replace that trim piece, I'd probably have to paint it as well... I don't want to make this any harder than I have to! Thanks again --

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow -- thanks again! Looks like those framing pieces broke off on mine -- it looks to me like the 2007 version used plastic instead of metal -- the bolts are still there, attached to nothing... I think I'll try superglue first... as long as it doesn't fall completely off, I'll be good with it. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts