Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister's car is leaking from the vents in the trunk, located in the wheel wells. How can I seal this?

It's really bad, fills up her spare tire well in heavy rain due to overfilling. Leaks from both sides in the same location on each side.

I've traced the problem down to this, not the seal, not the tail lights. Is this a common problem?

I see lots of people asking about this and it is mentioned a few times but no one explains how to fix this problem.

Can I find the source of this issue by removing the rear bumper cover?

I'm stumped and need to fix this.

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
207 Posts
Be sure you're leaking from the trunk vents and that the hem weld in the wheel well has not rusted through. If it has, there's not a lot you can do.

Someone on this forum posted instructions on installing a sheild for the trunk vents. It involved some bent aluminum. Since I see from your sig that you're in the NE your solution is large rear mudflaps. You need them anyhow to prevent rear rot from salt/snow/slush, etc. While you're at it, put some on the front too if it doesn't already have them.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Do a search or check the topic finder at the top of this page. I remember some past threads on this topic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts