Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is my first time on here. I am not here to ask a question, but to share what I discovered on my 2005 Taurus SE. I noticed I was getting water in the spare tire well. I noticed wetness and some small "pools" of water in the details stamped on the floor of the trunk metal between the well and the rear of the trunk. I searched this site and did not find anything that matched but did get some good tips. I took the back seat out, got in the trunk with a flashlight and had my dad spray water all over the back of the car. Sure enough, the water started dripping in from the 5 plastic pushpins that hold the rear bumper fascia on the car just under the trunk lid lip. I took all of the pushpins out and sealed them with weatherstrip adhesive. I cannot understand for the life of me why Ford does not use a watertoght pushpin at this location. I would assume that many people may have this problem. Hope this helps someone else.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I am so glad someone found this. I have 3 Taurus' 2 of which have the trunk leak problem. I removed the plastic pins, flooded the areas with silicone caulk, reinstalled the pins, and sealed from inside. I hope this ends the annoying leak that I could not stop. Thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think I have the same problem. Can someone post some pics of the 5 pins in question. Any special caulking/sealant required?
Thanks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
QUOTE (Packer15 @ Aug 6 2009, 12:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744946
I think I have the same problem. Can someone post some pics of the 5 pins in question. Any special caulking/sealant required?
Thanks.[/b]

Check the bolts holding in the the rear tail lamps. This was the main source of my leak. One bolt on the driver-side lamp was letting in water big time.

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
When you want it done right, do it yourself!! :lol2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts