Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi its Eddy from Western Australia needing help and good advice
i have a 1996 Taurus 3 litre Ghia model as its called here,and have noticed that the plastic trim on the leading edge of the boot/trunk has a few decent cracks appearing. I cannot get a replacement as Ford have advised in their wisdom that it is an obsolete part /no longer in stock Blah Blah!!
Can anyone /even your president Bob help me out with this problem.
what may happen is that i may need to source this from the USA,therefore can anyone help or supply names /addresses/email info on companies,persons who can help me.Does the TCCA have a service to help source parts?? also what is the cost of this part in the USA.
It may look nice but the idea was not very practical having a large section in plastic on the boot edge which houses the reversing lights and reflectors
Thanks for any help.eddy

·
Banned
509 Posts
Do you have any pics? because I have a idea of that it is.. But a pic would help..

I am 100% sure you can get it. BUT, see if there are any pick-n-pulls over there, and check them out..

Also the "Ghia model" What is that? Like a GL?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by FatTortoise@Apr 30 2004, 12:12 AM
Do you have any pics? because I have a idea of that it is.. But a pic would help..

I am 100% sure you can get it. BUT, see if there are any pick-n-pulls over there, and check them out..

Also the "Ghia model" What is that? Like a GL?
The Giha model in Australia was the equivalent of the LX over here. Bringing the Taurus over there was an experiment to see if they could pull the Austrailians away from the Falcons, they failed to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts