Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some problems with my 1997 Taurus which had its tranny recently rebuilt. But the issues of transmission dropping to Neutral at stops when in D, and no 1st gear remain the same. So it seem to be an electronic problem.

I personally made a continuity test with a multmeter to check TRS connector pins to PCM connector slots. I found that TRS pin number 10 (facing TRS pins wit connector at installation position, it is thethird pin in the second row , looking left to right.

I made a research and found the followig info. Tha pin belongs to Circuit 262 (BR/PK) which function is POWER (hot in start). This I saw in a C107 Transmission Range Sensor AX4N info. in internet.
I will make a jump from that TRS connector pin wire to PCM connector wire but need to know which is the correct pin in PCM connector. Please I need help with this.

If this fix my problem, perhaps IT will help many others with this same issue.
I will gladly accept any other suggestion for solving this case, but in addition to have rebuilt the tranny, I have already replaced the forward clutch piston and TRS itself, with which I have made many alignment exercises with no result.

Many Thanks

Roulf Elvis

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am dealing with pcm pins right now. I noticed that the diagram in the manual is flipped. Look real close on the pcm connector plug it should have the ending pins labeled slightly visable. You might need to remove the plastic shield on pcm connector. Hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too am dealing with pcm pins right now. I noticed that the diagram in the manual is flipped. Look real close on the pcm connector plug it should have the ending pins labeled slightly visable. You might need to remove the plastic shield on pcm connector. Hope this helps
  1. Tks I got a diagram of pcm connector with circuits but there is no circuit 262 (BR/PK) on it. Circuit 262 is the one of pin number 10 on TRS, which is Power (hot in start). Continuity test with this pin found no response in any of the pcm connector slot. So I guess there is a broken wire. I was trying to make a jump but can't find which wire in pcm connector is the right one. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts