Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, I bought this cassette adapter that came with a charger for my Taurus.
It worked pretty good for a while, with better clarity than the radio.
Recently though, it's been ejecting itself mid-song, while displaying "Err" which, I'm assuming stands for error
I've tried other regular cassette tapes, and they all work perfectly fine.
Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, are there any solutions?
It would be much appreciated :D

Oh, btw, it's a Scosche cassette adapter

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I had one years ago in a G2, made by Sony. What year is your Taurus? What are you using the adapter for? Do you have a CD player too, or just the tape? There are other options. My current setup uses a PIE adapter from Crutchfield plugged in where the CD changer in the trunk went, with a cable running to the console compartment for an Ipod. Lot more music than the stock 6 disc changer...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a '01 SE lol.
No CD, just the tape unfortunately :/
And before I got the tape, I was looking at the PIE adapter as a possibility, but when you're 17 and job-less, it's not too easy to come up with 75 bucks :p

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The gears in the cassette adapter are probably jamming up. You could probably try taking it apart and oiling it with some 3-in-1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
could be a stretched belt soon to brake. if you can take it appart, check the belt, draw the way it is routed, remove the belt and find an electronics shop that may sell them. last time I bought one was about $8 for a 97 Ford T-bird!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
could be a stretched belt soon to brake. if you can take it appart, check the belt, draw the way it is routed, remove the belt and find an electronics shop that may sell them. last time I bought one was about $8 for a 97 Ford T-bird!
I'd have to say that this is the case with 95% of them. ;) My tape deck was doing the same thing in my Taurus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you considered an FM modulator? Just run your MP3 player through the radio, and punt on the tape machine?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bringing this one back from the dead!

I had a tape adapter as well, just save up the $75 for a PIE interface, you will be very happy you did!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts