Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend I replaced my DPFE, EGR, fuel and air filters, did an oil change, and began flushing my power steering fluid. I replaced the DPFE because the vehicle was idling rough, and this forum prompted me to check that item. It looked fried, so I replaced it. The EGR valve was replaced because I pulled my UIM off to clear a mouse nest out, and it broke. The rest was just maintenance. After zero change in the idle, I pulled codes, and got 176, 327, and 411. Do I really need to do an O2 sensor on top of everything else? She runs fine while driving, but has a slight RPM stumble in idle. And pulling the vacuum hose off the EGR valve makes no change. WTF? Oh yeah. The AC compressor doesn't kick on either. I was also considering a vacuum leak. I ran a propane torch around but got nothing. Ideas?

·
Registered
244 Posts
First of all Egr doest work at idle only at cruising speeds and light loads. Check your IAC/throttle body and make sure its not gummed up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all Egr doest work at idle only at cruising speeds and light loads. Check your IAC/throttle body and make sure its not gummed up.
[/b]
Yup. I cleaned all that while the UIM was out. Thanks though. I'm not looking forward to diagnosing a vacuum leak. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Yup. I cleaned all that while the UIM was out. Thanks though. I'm not looking forward to diagnosing a vacuum leak. Any other ideas?
[/b][/quote]

So I went a step further and checked all the vacuum lines I could access without tearing the engine down and found nothing suspicious. I even took the carb cleaner to the lines and connectors with no success. I'm really stumped here guys. I'm gonna try cleaning the MAF next, but after that, I got nuthin!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts