Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was going on a cruise with the new sway bar, and I noticed my "SES" light came on. Thought it was only going to be the O2 sensor that keeps bothering me a month at a time. But noticed it said Codes 1 of 3! Three Codes? Well this is what I pulled up.

P0155 O2 Bank 2 Sensor 1
P0135 O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0455 Evaporative Emissions System Control Leak (Large)

I think all of these are connected together...

I was wondering, is there a specific area I should start looking? Any help would be good help. Thank you.

BTW I cleared the codes, and I'll let you guys know if it comes back on. Thank you

SableSal

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Ok wasn't able to help with your tranny cooler questions since i was busy but hopefully this will help you out. BTW here is the error codes/messages i'm basing this off.

P0135 Upstream HO2S Heater Circuit Fault, Bank No. 1
P0155 Upstream HO2S Circuit Fault, Bank No. 2 - heater O2 sensor wire,
P0455 Leak Or Blockage Detected In Evaporative Emission Control System

The P0135 and P0155 code are more then likely related. It sounds like your O2 sensor before your cat on bank one (the bank with cylinder one) has gone bad and needs replacing. IIRC when ones goes bad like that it is possible to cause the other one (P0155 - bank 2) to trip the code even though it doesn't need replacing. Try replacing the first O2 sensor i mentioned before replacing both of them.

As far as the Evap system error goes, now this is going to sound silly, but check your gas cap before you do anything else. If your gas cap has gone bad and doesn't make a proper seal (or isn't on tight) you can trip this error since their would be a pressure drop (or lack of pressure) which would be detected. Well hope that helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nathan, I am going to be replacing the 02 sensor, and see how it goes. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes.

SableSal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts