Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's too many stories of "Taurus vs. Winter" carnage right now so here's my story that doesn't end in an accident.

Last Saturday we took a trip from Indiana to Pennsylvania to pick up a YJ body I won on ebay. We took I-80 from Angola, IN across Ohio down to the PA turnpike and back the same way. We hit the nasty storm around Cleveland on the way back so we didn't do much above 45mph which more than doubled the drive time from there home.

27mpg like this... who knew? :thumb:

[attachmentid=22935]

18mpg like this. Better than expected. This was shortly before we got into the snow/sleet/freezing rain.

[attachmentid=22937]

I won't lie, driving through that storm with a trailer was one of the scariest things I've done. We saw four or five accidents along the way... mostly the "invincible" SUVs. But here it is safe at home in the driveway. My car is weeping icicles and the mesh grille is a solid sheet of ice.

[attachmentid=22938]

Freezing rain [email protected]

[attachmentid=22943]
[attachmentid=22942]

And then just to mock us, it was 55 degrees the next day.

[attachmentid=22941]

Not only can the Taurus pull a trailer, it can do it through an ice storm. One more reason to love these cars. Not that we need more reasons but there it is.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't keep track of the start and end mileage but it's about 740 miles round-trip. Mapquest had us doing it in 12 hours and some change. In reality it took exactly 14 hours... mostly due to the last 120 miles at 35-50 mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts