Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some 15" alloys from a 1997 Taurus GL at a local parts yard for $100 w/ no tires. I thought that was pretty good, since the next cheapest I found for the same rims was twice that. I'm going to try to get them this week or next, just depends on when I get some money. My poor 14" black wheels are bent and the tires are pure crap. Its going to be such a welcomed change to get some new rubber and rims. My cousin was making a comment about it the other day, she said "John, you always drive Fords, but this is the first one I've seen you drive that doesnt have some decent lookin' rims!" My only reply was "I'm workin' on it." LOL!

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
It will be such a huge difference if your current rims are already bent. AND if you get new tires on top of that, you will be real happy.

My current gen 3 had these crappy 15" wheels on it. So I took the 5 spoke 16" rims off of my gen 4 and put them on the gen 3 w/ new tires and it was a night and day difference. The ride had improved 150% and the handling was better.

I didn't realize how crappy the 15" wheels were, because I was used to driving my 2001, I just figured it was crappy suspension in the gen 3. That was NOT the case. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts