Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I walked down the stairs to go grocery shopping; well, never thought I would find a tree on my car.... :rolleyes2:

The worst of the worst damage, that is visible...

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
:( Had one down in my yard as well, and 2 down at a friend's house. Pretty messy stuff rolling through these past few days.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
I thought I heard a loud cry of anguish this morning... :p

Seriously, that sucks. Luckily, you weren't in the path of the three or four tornadoes that touched down last night down towards Kankakee. :noes:

Will your insurance pick up the tab?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Jun 6 2010, 09:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809998
I thought I heard a loud cry of anguish this morning... :p

Seriously, that sucks. Luckily, you weren't in the path of the three or four tornadoes that touched down last night down towards Kankakee. :noes:

Will your insurance pick up the tab?[/b]
Thank god for that.

I am sure at the moment, dealing with it tomorrow before school starts. Have a police report at the least. also noticed after i posted this a huge scratch on my door under the key pad.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Why is the tree leaning over to kiss your Taurus? :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bad storms last night and this morning... btw make that kiss an engulf and your on the right track. lol

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
This happened to my old '96 GL back in August 2001; half of a 40' elm tree landed on it and damaged the roof panel, windshield, hood, and left-front fender. I think you have to have Comprehensive, AKA 'Act of God' coverage to see an insurance payout for this kind of thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Jun 7 2010, 09:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810102
This happened to my old '96 GL back in August 2001; half of a 40' elm tree landed on it and damaged the roof panel, windshield, hood, and left-front fender. I think you have to have Comprehensive, AKA 'Act of God' coverage to see an insurance payout for this kind of thing.[/b]
I am screwed then. xD yay for IL insurance.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
:( Was there any physical damage, I mean more than just scrapes/cosmetic?

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
WHy do you have a police report?

Mike
B)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was no major damage that I could find luckily.

As for the police report, the property(apartments) is that of the company, not the tenants. So if there was any major damage that needed to be repaired, the company could not refuse because the police report(If they have common sense anyways) other wise, in court, I would have proof of what happened since the police have inspected it(report); then having a liability claim(report). It is the company at fault for not properly maintaining the property in the first place.... Wow I hate IL laws. lol.... in short: you don't have it, you don't get paid for the damage.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (Zenigata @ Jun 8 2010, 09:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810549
There was no major damage that I could find luckily.

As for the police report, the property(apartments) is that of the company, not the tenants. So if there was any major damage that needed to be repaired, the company could not refuse because the police report(If they have common sense anyways) other wise, in court, I would have proof of what happened since the police have inspected it(report); then having a liability claim(report). It is the company at fault for not properly maintaining the property in the first place.... Wow I hate IL laws. lol.... in short: you don't have it, you don't get paid for the damage.[/b]
That's not an Illinois thing, it's an insurance company thing. My aunt in Atlanta had a pretty similar issue with her old landlord over a downed tree right next to her parking space. Good luck with getting your Bull fixed up ASAP... maybe a junkyard run will get you what you need to fix it on the cheap if insurance won't cover it? :dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts