Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have problem with my '93 Sable LS AXOD-E transmision.

It's like it do not have first gear. I think it start for second gear. Today I couldn't drive up some elevation in some store parking area.

What do you think about it ? Maybe should I change EEC IV computer ?

Thanks for all respons !

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
the AXODE is also known as the feared AX4S. How many miles do you have on the tranny? The AX4S is known for a bad clutch piston that goes out at 80-100k miles (133 - 167k km), and it may be time to rebuild the tranny.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought this car on June. Seller told me that tranny was rebuilt in 1998 on Motorcraft parts, but I think that EEC IV have some tranny errors. I have about 166k km on it. I will put on tranny cooler maybe it will change working.
I changed all oils, fluids and filters.

P.S.
On June 2003 we sold '87 Sable. My dad used this car since 1991. It has rebuilted engine but AXOD was in very good condition.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
If you think that it is the EEC IV, then reset the computer and see if that works. Disconnect the Negative bettery terminal, and press brake pedal a couple of times. Then let it sit for a few minutes, and hook the battery back up. THen take the car out for a drive. Go on the highway, and in city traffic. That should let the computer learn your driving style again. Let me know if that helps the tranny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts