Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
If I could find where my wife put the camera I'd take a pic since I have the same as you...but if you open the hood, face the car and look down you will see two metal lines coming from the bottom of the radiator to the trans. They are held together by a metal clip and towards the drivers side of the rad. The bottom one (return line) is the one you disconnect. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (CDChangerGuy @ May 7 2009, 07:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723525
If I could find where my wife put the camera I'd take a pic since I have the same as you...but if you open the hood, face the car and look down you will see two metal lines coming from the bottom of the radiator to the trans. They are held together by a metal clip and towards the drivers side of the rad. The bottom one (return line) is the one you disconnect. Hope this helps.[/b]
Thanks for the reply.

I posted a pic I found in another thread.

So the fluid will be "pumped out" of the bottom line while the engine runs & the trany is in PARK? Approx how long would I need to run the engine to get most of the fluid out?

Also, can't I accomplish the same thing by just dropping the trany pan & letting it run into a large plastic catch basin & save the hassle of disconnecting the line?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
No dropping the pan will only get 1/3 of the fluid out. What I would suggest is getting 2- 3/8" couplers, 4' of 3/8" hose and a couple of hose clamps. Then cut one of the rubber lines, insert the two couplers into the ends and a short piece of hose to both. Then pump out the fluid, it will mostly come out of one hose.

When done connect the cut hose together with the coupler and secure with the hose clamps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (Two Stooges @ May 7 2009, 06:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723519
http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13539

None of the pictures are appearing in the above thread on trany flushing. I am looking for the line connection from the trany to open for flushing the fluid on a 2000 with Vulcan engine & AX4S.[/b]
you can open without cutting the pipe only if you have aux cooler.

open the lower rubber pipe and connect plastic pipe to the one galon bucket.

i send a pitcure with the location of where the connection is to you.
it's very easy without cutting the pipe.

http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...62749&st=50

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts