Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 3.0 tranny makes some noises when in gear. I have noticed when the car is running at normal temperature there is a slight rattle noise that comes from the tranny. The noise disappears as soon as I put the gear into neutral or park. The tranny is shifting smooth and is not giving any problems. It has had its filter changed with mercon V oil earlier this year. Car has 71,000 miles.

What do you guys think?

Since it only does it when its hot do you think a aftermarket transmission cooler would fix it?
Has anyone ever installed one on a 1994 body style?
Any pics if so?

Confused and hopeless :noes:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
QUOTE (vahab49 @ May 21 2010, 11:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=805989
My 94 3.0 tranny makes some noises when in gear. I have noticed when the car is running at normal temperature there is a slight rattle noise that comes from the tranny. The noise disappears as soon as I put the gear into neutral or park. The tranny is shifting smooth and is not giving any problems. It has had its filter changed with Mercon V oil earlier this year. Car has 71,000 miles.

What do you guys think?

Since it only does it when its hot do you think a aftermarket transmission cooler would fix it?
Has anyone ever installed one on a 1994 body style?
Any pics if so?

Confused and hopeless :noes:[/b]
Check the exhaust shield where it bolts on to the uni-body.
My guess is the mount brackets broke off and its rattling on the exhaust pipe.
Mine is doing the same thing.

You need to drill new holes and use some self tapping sheet metal screws to screw it back
into the uni-body.

Mine is a GEN3, i think the Gen2 had the shield, you will have to look and see if its similar.
I would also check cat shields and the cats themselves

bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts