Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
While it's being fixed, go buy a Magnafine in-line Transmission filter and have them install it in front (before) of the transmission cooler. This will help eliminate some of the metal debris that comes off the transmission. I slapped one on after my tranny flush and I have less hesitation and slipping since I've had it installed. I noticed the improvement almost instantly.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
What year? How many miles? Was the fluid clean?

My transmission feels awesome and it's always been cared for, I just want to know if I'm ok, or if I'm giving myself a false sense of security, I want it to last a long time.

G

·
Originally posted by 93 Sable@Jul 23 2004, 09:09 PM
What year? How many miles? Was the fluid clean?

My transmission feels awesome and it's always been cared for, I just want to know if I'm ok, or if I'm giving myself a false sense of security, I want it to last a long time.
If you know your tranny has always been cared for and fluid changed at regular intervals and you aren't too rough on it, it should last you a while. The only other preventative maintenance measure that is typically recommended is a tranny cooler so it runs at a cooler temperature, which will extend the life. If you do those things, the tranny *should* last you quite a while. :)

G

·
Originally posted by mufflerman@Jul 23 2004, 08:08 PM
it depends if the case is ok i think the case is blown apart the way it exploded :ph34r:
ouch, sorry to hear this Al. :( FWIW, I've seen new rebuild trannys for Taurii going on ebay pretty cheap in the past, you may want to check it out - could save you some $$$ if you need a new one. Best of luck with your repairs. :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i am a real sticker to maintenence and this was a experimental trans i changed fluid twice a year and i do have a very very large cooler

G

·
Originally posted by mufflerman@Jul 24 2004, 08:36 AM
well i am a real sticker to maintenence and this was a experimental trans i changed fluid twice a year and i do have a very very large cooler
oh, that stuff was directed at 93 Sable. I figured you knew that stuff. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts